Friday 12 August 2016

Peace is Power

PEACE
noun \ˈpēs\
Definition
1 a. freedom or a period of freedom from public disturbance or war
   b. a quiet and calm state of mind
   c. agreement and harmony among people

2. From the Hebrew word ‘Slm or Shalom (שָׁלוֹם) which means “to be complete” or “to be sound”

3. Freedom from disquieting or oppressive thoughts or emotions

I crave peace; I am so attracted to calmness, the pull amazes me
I really became aware of this recently and I love it although sometimes it scares me because when all is calm, I sometimes fear it would soon get ruffled and I am anxious and defensive.
I also noticed a few more people in the universe are becoming aware of this as well; I told myself a few times that I wanted to write down things I was learning about peace but I kept stalling and then one day I go trolling on Instagram and boom, about 1 million (I exaggerate) people had something to say about Peace. Once again, I was reminded that The Source doesn’t drop ideas into the heart of only one person per time. And that we truly attract what we focus on. So rather than get upset and lose my peace, I embrace and enjoy the knowledge shared.
I am going through a transition; it has been a roller coaster ride of emotions and I feel so unsettled but I am learning to find peace in all the chaos. It is not the easiest thing because panic and anxiety are the default setting but I realised that when I can finally settle and breathe I can focus on the hope that is lurking; and then I find the strength to continue.
I have experienced and decided that in peace, I am able; I have an ability to function, to control my wandering emotions and thoughts in order to make progress.
And I stand now with the truth that this Peace that is beautiful and so empowering, is not an external force I have to toil for but it already resides inside of me; I just needed enough challenges to reveal what is truly important; frequent feelings of being overwhelmed and the realisation that my solutions will not be presented to me by other humans and physical possessions.
For all of life’s unpleasantness and the battles on their way, at the end of each one, Peace will be one of my rewards! 

1 comment:

  1. Anxiety(in my thoughts) is really a default setting for me too. Am learning to settle down my imaginative mind, after all the solution has never been in the many possible negative outcomes of a situation.

    ReplyDelete