Friday 13 May 2016

I am not here to play


I have never been that person…
Even when I was young and I was allowed to play, I didn’t
I am not the girl you keep at the phone waiting for no reason just to receive your call.
I am not the girl who you say ‘A’ to and act out ‘B’
I am not the one you keep waiting.
You do not try to push butterflies down my throat, into my stomach and then make me vomit them.
I am not the one you keep guessing because you will be disappointed.
It may seem like I am playing along but I am watching silently while you teach me the art
So by the time another of your kind comes along, he doesn’t even need to speak before I know what he is made of.
I am not the girl whose love you awaken or trust you claim to want and then can’t handle it when I give you a preview.
I do not know in between; I swing between ‘I like you’ and ‘I have no regard for your existence’
This comes in varying degrees but never a perfect blend to accept your idiocy.
I have a low threshold for deceit regardless of who is trying to dish it out to me.
I do not hold a grudge if you genuinely have no interest in what I am about
But darling do not feel the need to hold on to my precious time just to massage your ego, you may end up hurt!
I am alone not lonely and I didn’t ask for your help!
I am awesome……a beautiful expression of the good in your life.
I am peace…….bringing calm, joy and a break from your chaos.
I am solid…….the unwavering solace you fall back to when you are in over your head.
I am magnificent……appealing, warming your senses, fanning your flames.
I am wisdom…..protecting your throne as King.
I am the armour bearer……covering your vulnerability, fighting your demons.
I am NOT the one to mess with, do not pervert my powers.
I will always flow with life yet do not feel the need to make the job of tending harder for he who is worthy.
I did not offer you anything, you came to seek and I convinced myself you were deserving of the gifts.
I am not your mother; you did not come to me as a child therefore I have no responsibility to nurse you.
I am willing to share but kindly grow up and earn these blessings; we do not cast pearls to swine or wear diamonds on children.

So get serious, MAN UP or piss off!!! Thank you very much.

6 comments:

  1. "I am awesome……a beautiful expression of the good in your life" No matter the past experiences, choose from today to stay awesome and whole for Him who deserves all your smiles, then your knight will come! Great piece Anu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am awesome……a beautiful expression of the good in your life" No matter the past experiences, choose from today to stay awesome and whole for Him who deserves all your smiles, then your knight will come! Great piece Anu!

    ReplyDelete