Thursday 2 April 2015

Passion and Practice Pt III: Life

I couldn’t think of a ‘deep’ title for this post…..Lol!
So I simply called it “Life”.....which is something I've been thinking a lot about lately; why are we here? What are we supposed to do while we’re here? And why do we go through the things we do?
Trust me the questions don’t come as easily as I make it sound and it’s not so much a fun conversation to have but anyway, I’m grateful to be ‘here’
I like photography…..it hasn't been made known to me if it would be a profession however I thoroughly enjoy the art and idea of capturing emotions, history and events.
The pictures below were taken by me, I’m lazy and shy but I practice as often as I can. I was going through my folders and these are some of the pictures that ‘jumped at’ me……and I genuinely think they signify ‘life’ or ‘beginning’ or ‘existence’ in some way……I’ll let you have your opinion too…….
Enjoy!
They say Green is the color of life but when I see yellow flowers they signify life for me more than green does. Yellow flowers just…errrm…make me hopeful!

'Anticipating new life'……at a baby shower organized for a friend


I think this picture is a bit blurry blah blah but I love it! This is my friend’s introduction and she was being ushered out by friends and family to go meet her husband and in-laws…….the beginning of a new life! I love how everyone else seemed to be looking at her or something else and only she was smiling and looking forward.

I know how I felt when I took this picture, unfortunately I’m not sure how well to express myself…..it was beautiful, I was reminded of God’s awesomeness and ability to sustain EVERYTHING and then I was scared as I was in a boat and it’s not one of my favorite places to be.

I’m fascinated by sea shells- I don’t go to the beach often and when I do, I make sure I pick some – it’s amazing that they were once a covering for something that lived and died…….beautiful armor!

Death is a necessary part of life…………


***Happy Easter everyone! My genuine prayer for you is that you experience hope…..hope and faith that helps you live again; to resurrect dead dreams and your God-given aspirations and unwavering strength to stand firm!

No comments:

Post a Comment