Friday 10 April 2015

Don't wear a short dress to get a pedicure


I thoroughly enjoy getting a pedicure; I’m a feet typa girl and I catch myself looking at people’s feet and being worried that people judge mine too, Hehehehe! Issues right?
Anyway, on one of my frequent visits to my ‘nail lady’ I wore a dress that in all honesty cannot be considered short, that is until I had to sit down and raise my leg so she could do her thing……Errrrr…….how can we rectify this blunder as we’re not interested in being ‘revealed’? Without me voicing my thoughts, she got me a towel which was tiny and didn't really change the situation but her effort was much appreciated; I laughed at myself and made a mental reminder to wear only trouser like clothing whenever I’m going to get my feet done.
But while I sat in awkward positions and tugged at my dress and tiny towel, I couldn't help but criticize myself; I take pride in the fact that I always think of possible situations generally and even when getting dressed – I consider matters like comfort, decency, ability to run if a riot breaks out, how easy would it be to jump on a commercial motorcycle if I discover there is traffic and how high can I jump or stretch if I have to do a flying kick during a fight (yes such matters are vital) but this one day I wasn't prepared and it wasn't fun holding on to the edge of my dress hoping no man in the unisex salon was having a field day reducing my bride price.
Yes there is room for genuine omission and mistakes, still it made me realize that we humans can sometimes get too comfortable and make excuses like “well it’s just for today!” NO, it’s not just for today because “it’s just for today” could be your last day or your last chance or get you totally misunderstood.
If it is in your habit to always lock your car doors wherever you go, please always lock your doors; don’t one day in a lazy moment leave your car door unlocked because it would only take 5 minutes to go in and out of the store, you may just come out after 5 minutes and find you've been robbed.
I’m not trying to be pessimistic or extreme or claim accidents don’t happen, however if you've a pattern that has worked for you for years or if you constantly follow your gut in even seemingly minor things like what to eat, it’s not wrong to keep at it. I know people who don’t eat certain foods not prepared in their homes; the day you see it in a restaurant or party and because it looks yummy and clean you decide to try and then you spend the next 3 days on the toilet seat, who would you blame?

Habits and careful living patterns are not bad; routines are not boring if they keep you safe and at peace, no matter what anyone says about you being stiff, fearful, difficult etc. do what you have to, it’s fine…….it doesn't make you weird.

3 comments:

  1. Anu.. well written, I can relate I wore a short dress for pedicure once too, I felt so uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the subscribe button?

    ReplyDelete