Wednesday 25 December 2013

Smile……It’s Christmas!


My life is amazing and I say this mainly because I’m alive today; I strongly believe that once there is life, there is hope. Not because it is a saying people have come to accept especially when things are not working out but because it has applied to my life and I have risen above whatever hardship I may have gone through simply because my creator said it wasn’t time. And because I’ve been blessed with time, I have been given an opportunity to right the wrongs and hold on to faith.

It’s hard to believe a year has gone by so far but I’m extremely grateful; grateful for my faith; my family; my friends; hurts; laughter; rewards; disappointments and of course lessons learnt either in easy or painful ways.

I stand today with a reaffirmed belief that I can go through whatever I have to and still come out as gold. Out of necessity, habit or hope we humans take decisions often without giving much thought to them; we buy this, eat that, get on a plane, quit that job, move to a new town or permit ourselves to fall in love with no assurance that we would get it in return.

Yet I realized that whether our decisions (serious or trivial) end up with good or bad results, every human has the capacity to carry or handle what happens as long as we don’t give up. I hold on to the truth that God would never allow us pass through what we can’t handle (except you consciously choose to solicit friendship with the devil even after adequate warning, then I’m sorry I can’t guarantee a healthy ending).

So as we celebrate the birth of Christ Jesus, the Son of the Living God, I encourage that we ‘STAND’ firmly in the truth that we can and will overcome whatever; whether plans don’t come to fruition or you even exceeded your to do list for the year, just be grateful. Consciously decide to be in a happy place and remember it’s just 7 days (6 in Australia) before we all start yelling “Happy New Year!!!!” so why wallow in pity? Get it together and get ready to pick up from where you left off!

Merry Christmas People!!!! May we all experience genuine Joy and Peace this season and beyond!

 

Follow me on twitter @Anu_chayil

Google+ Anu Adebayo

Pinterest Anuchayil

 

The image is that of a funny Christmas card I saw this season! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment