Tuesday 1 October 2013

Still Hopeful


Today, I truly experienced what it means to wake up on the right side of your bed!

I woke up feeling good; I woke up grateful and hopeful; believing my dead dreams could be resurrected. Believing I could be what God created me to be in spite of obstacles, delays or my stupidity; I could rise above all and still be great.

And I’ve decided to consciously feel the same for Nigeria; the past few weeks have been hard especially with issues in the north and how some people feel it’s acceptable to slaughter their fellow men like chickens. I can’t even imagine the sermon you can preach to an orphan that God will protect him when someone just lied that the same God sent him to blow his parents into a million pieces.
 
We can all agree that religion is no longer an excuse for this war and we all wonder when we’ll be truly free from the enemies of terrorism, corruption, lack of infrastructure etc.

But I choose to keep praying for my country; I choose to believe that she will be better and I look forward to a time that even if ALL our issues aren’t solved and we’re not perfect (as no nation is), we will still have hope; we’ll be able to look back and say indeed we’ve come through what may feel farfetched now, that we’ve grown and generations to come won’t ask what we were looking at as our nation was flushed down the drain.

Today, 1st of October 2013, I choose HOPE and HAPPINESS!

2 comments:

  1. Love your tenacious grip on hope...we all need it despite the vivid gloom all around.

    Soji

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mehn! that's truly what keeps us going

    ReplyDelete