Wednesday 21 August 2013

Finally I Won


I WONNN!!! Yep I won the Fashion Fair Capsule collection in the picture above at a Makeup fair.

You may say it’s not a big deal but for me it is because I don’t think I’m a very lucky person and I don’t necessarily mean that in a bad way; I’m unlucky when it comes to winning gifts- it just happens that I don’t walk into the supermarket when they are doing a promo with free carton of Indomie noodles; when Globacom is giving out N20million to their telecomm subscribers or when DSTV decides to give a devoted customer free 12 months subscription.

Well luck smiled at me few days ago at a Makeup fair (which I almost didn’t attend because I had been at a wedding all day and was exhausted) but I’m devoted to the course so I psyched myself and off I went to the fair.

After almost an hour of trying hard but failing to stick to my plan to ONLY window shop and NOT buy anything, I went to say good bye to a friend and then I heard the hostess begin to talk about the give aways and anyone who was interested should raise her hand. She must have announced it like 3 times before I got the courage to raise my hand, normally I won’t do such a thing because I don’t want a situation where I show I’m interested and then I don’t get the prize.

Well I’m glad I obeyed the small voice that told me “what’s the worst that can happen?”; the hostess told me to walk forward and I noticed 3 other women had indicated interest. She asked the first lady a question and when I heard the answer she gave I became more confident. I raised my hand and when she asked me I gave my answer. The next 30 seconds must have been the longest of my life because suddenly I remembered how I never win gifts and now infront of all these cameras and people I will make a fool of myself.

She asked my name and told me to face the cameras; she asked a few questions and next thing I heard her say “Well your guess is correct, you’ve won……….” I didn’t hear her again oh, I started clapping and I think I snatched the case out of her hand. Cameras started flashing, people were clapping and I heard a guy with a video camera ask me “How do you feel?”. I couldn’t believe it………I had WON!

I remember telling my friend “Thank God I didn’t leave!” and immediately what came to my mind was ‘being at the right place at the right time’ makes almost anything possible. I could have been anywhere else or allowed myself be lazy at home, doing something random that may have ruined my day but I made a choice to be at this place where I got great discounts on products, made new friends and ultimately won an amazing gift!

Surprisingly, I had seen a Fashion Fair color collection online weeks earlier and I was looking for where to buy it so I guess ‘If you desire it, you can get it!’ *GRIN*. Two great things happened for me; I broke the jinx of not getting gifts and I was reminded of the positive results of listening to your instinct and taking a courageous step forward.

When I think of those few minutes that day (and even reading this post), I can’t help but laugh at myself and my drama but it makes me genuinely happy I didn’t chicken out; feels like I was immediately rewarded for being obedient! (However the N20 million from Globacom for all my years of putting up with their epileptic network will ease the pain sha)

3 comments:

  1. This is just the starting point, just keep on doing what you love doing and soonest the sky will be no limit for you to reach.

    Congratulation Anoluwapo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Congrats on breaking the jinx...yaaay for the gift :)

    ReplyDelete