Wednesday 24 April 2013

Passion and Practice


I’ve always loved photography but became ‘a bit unsure’ when everyone started trying to become a photographer. I don’t know if I’ll go commercial but I finally got the courage to get my camera earlier this year since I actually need it for personal use. I have taken a million pictures, some of them bad but I don’t care because I’m willing to learn and with time begin to take great pictures.

Below are a few of the pictures out of my ‘practice folder’

 

I took this at the Lindsey Concert (in a park) in Abuja
 
A street in Yaba Lagos taken at an awkward position from a window
 
I almost totally agree with this saying! This was taken at an Art and Photography exhibition in Abuja
 
Somehow this building looks like it was just ‘placed’against the sky. This was taken near Yabatech Lagos
 
I did the Makeup *smiling*
 
I absolutely love this Lady’s hair cut although I doubt I’ll ever have the courage to rock my hair like that. And the part she left long is all natural and beautiful!
 
My friend Kellie, she had no idea I was about to take this picture and I think she was giving the person on the phone an attitude
 
For those who know me well, I love rings (looking at them and wearing them) and I couldn’t resist taking this picture. This was at a Fashion sales event in Abuja.
 
I Love this eyeliner by Tara Orekelewa and I took this picture to advertise Makeup products I sell.
 
I like this dress with Ankara detail by ‘Sorted Affairs’. This is the designer Agnes modeling her work.
 
My friend Achenyo at an Igbo cultural themed service at church.
 
A pair of damask shorts from my friend LIWHAN’s collection (she’s a fantastic talented designer, not because she is my friend but I have items from her collection and I love them). I took this picture at her viewing and sales event in Abuja.
 
Practicing Makeup looks and photography at a Studio in Abuja.
 
Cake of life! I just had to take this picture of a red velvet cake covered by MnMs made by The Woodhouse Café and Bakery in Abuja. They make smoothies too with 100% Fresh fruits and I felt healthier just drinking it ; )
 
I have a thing for Black and White pictures; to me they automatically look classy. Don’t think I did a perfect job with this one but well…….An Art work made of Ilarun (traditional Yoruba comb used while weaving hair) and raffia.
 
My Joy! My Darling! *kisses* He was in a great mood so it didn’t take much to get him to smile like this for me. He has more teeth now though.
 
I know this picture isn’t clear but they all look really nice and happy! Picture taken at a friend’s house in Lagos.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment