Thursday 4 December 2014

In Silence


I stay quiet, not because I lack words but because I’m strong
I have strength that makes me recognize that my voice, though of reason may not always bring peace desired at the time
So I've learnt to keep the words in my heart; to think them over and when necessary change them
Change them to be better, not just for me but for what is now and what can be tomorrow
So I stay quiet but not unaware, I see and I watch and I know what to do
And I know waiting is hard because it’s just easier to argue my case
But I've learnt that some rewards are worth waiting for
So I stay quiet yet not in anger or hinged on the anticipation of revenge
But in calmness and control, knowing what is mine will come to me
Not because I was lazy but because I was strong
Strong enough to understand
Strong enough to stay rooted and weather the storm, the storm of other people’s words when they didn't possess the strength to stay quiet
Words that cut and were created to damage, to break
And sometimes words that lead to hurtful actions
Sometimes knowing these actions were bolstered by my own silence
Because to the world it means weakness, ignorance or consent
But to me it’s strength, strength that would increase because I have experience
So I stay quiet……..till my silence is loud and my courage is perceived
……….But again maybe not, because the world isn't always pretty; people aren't often apologetic and tend to forget 

However, I choose to be quiet because if it offers nothing else it would bring me peace………..eventually


***image got from Google

2 comments:

  1. Is this quietness that you chose bringing you peace so you are not writing again? Oya o!!!! Better post something. This hiatus has been too long!!!

    ReplyDelete