Tuesday 26 March 2013

No More Birthday Blues


For a few years of my life (I think between the ages of 17-23) I was often sad just before my birthday….may be not sad but at the same time not exactly excited. I stayed awake the whole night and unconsciously didn’t forgive those who forgot to call or text the whole day.

I also had a habit of counting my losses, reminding myself that I was a year older yet what had I achieved? And I suspect that because I actually expected these negative things to happen they eventually did (like having a boyfriend who forgot my birthday).

Well some years ago I woke up on my birthday and I didn’t give a flip who called me or not…..I simply enjoyed my day and was grateful that I had seen another year. I remember what I did, what I wore and even my hair style; I also remember having a wish list and one of the items on my list was a wristwatch and I ended up getting 2 : )

I don’t know what led to this liberating act; I figure that I had simply matured!

So it’s my birthday again and I had planned that by this age I’d be a top shot communications executive and I’d be married with at least a kid or pregnant and would have travelled to at least 5 continents and had my face on the cover of a magazine or on a building on Times Square, would have walked a runway for Diane Von Furstenberg modeling one of her great wrap dresses or on Forbes list of top so and so to look out for……blah blah blah!  LOL, I dream big right?

Well I guess Someone had other plans! Or I was the one not paying attention, not sure.

 I have another wish list by the way, and since the last time I publicly declared my list I got some of it, I’ve enough faith now to believe I’ll get all of this one;

·       I have been in love with photography all my life but finally got the courage to do something about it and take my training seriously; I got a camera! *Wide smile* However, I want to be ‘in front of the lens’ so I want to model a product (Nail Polish because I have nice hands; Hair Product or Human Hair because I have fantastic hair; Makeup products because I have great facial features that don’t need to be altered just highlighted) I’m allowed some form of self promotion please! Or simply model clothes at a MAJOR Fashion show. Kindly NOTE I will keep ALL items used at any of these jobs.

·       A Professional Makeup Box with wheels that opens up into about a million compartments OR simply a ZUCA Pro Artist Bag

·       Be a part of the Makeup Artist Team for any International Fashion Week (We can start in Lagos, South Africa, London then move on to other places)

·       To be 1 or 2 dress sizes smaller (so you can get any healthy device that would make this happen FAST)

·       Mary J Blige inspired Wardrobe *grin*

·       A holiday (I will let you decide destination, however a certain region in the Middle East knows my name so I can make a quick stop just to say hi)

Remember it is a WISH LIST but you can make a young lady happy! Happy Birthday to me *dancing*

Please forgive my image I’m a ridiculous Joker fan


No comments:

Post a Comment