Friday 19 October 2012

The Talented Dr. Lecter


 

I’m MILDLY obsessed with the character ‘Dr. Hannibal Lecter’, from the first time I saw the movie ‘Hannibal’ (which I saw before ‘Silence of the Lambs’) I wondered if someone like that truly existed or if it was plainly the author’s imagination.

Whatever the case, I sort of fell in love with the idea of a man who didn’t use jazz or juju but simply spoke to you till you believed what he said was your own idea (ok ok he sort of hypnotized his victims) or how he killed (don’t think I’m crazy) smoothly and never actually got caught, and also how seemingly in the face of danger, he was ALWAYS calm.

The calmness is one of the things I truly admire, because for those who know me calmness is far from me; if I’m not worrying about some activity or shouting in real life, I’m doing it in my mind or in my dream.

Every human has a ‘Hannibal’ in him/her; no matter who you claim to be, you kind of won’t mind being able to control another human. To be able to influence and have things work your way. I won’t go into details of whether your reason for control is good or bad (search within and it will come to you).

Sometimes the control we desire may even be over ourselves- to have control over our time, our values/principles, our alter ego, our finances, what path our relationships will take, our thoughts, achievements, emotions like fear or love, or to be able to dismiss that which doesn’t work for us anymore and move on.

Regardless of the evil we are made to believe about Dr. Lecter, I think he is a very intelligent man, I think he has a sense of humour and possesses the ability to care for another human. I think Dr. Lecter makes someone very happy and I also think someone, somewhere would be able to pull a ‘Hannibal’ on Dr. Lecter!

No comments:

Post a Comment